Rice and Seafood Salad
Enjoy this¬†delicious shrimp and salmon recipe!¬†
Items that are marked with three astericks (***)are currently in stock and available at New Orleans Fish House.
|1 bag French Peas X-Fine|
|***1 bag¬†Parisian Carrots|
|1 tray Roasted Red Tomatoes|
|2 bags X-Fine Asparagus Spears 4‚ÄĚ|
|***1 bag Artichoke Bottom¬†- Diced|
|***2 dz Cornichons French Gherkins|
|***1 tbsp Maille Whole Grain Mustard|
|2.5 fl oz Maille Vinegar White Wine|
|***1 bag of Rice -¬†Cooked & Chilled|
|1 box Wild Rice Cooked & Chilled|
|1 jar Pitted Salt Cured Olives (14oz)|
|***1 lb Cooked 200-300 Shrimp|
|***4 oz portion Smoked Salmon Shredded|
|1 bunch Fresh Scallions Chopped|
|Chopped Fresh Seasonal Herbs|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
- 1.¬†Thaw and pat dry all vegetables except for the roasted tomatoes. Cut the asparagus into bite size pieces.
- 2.¬†Cook diced artichoke bottoms to remove citrus flavors if present, chill, reserve.
- 3.¬†Cook both rice packets according to directions without seasoning to make a 3 to 1 ratio of white to wild rice and a total of 12 cups.
- 4.¬†Combine peas, carrots, roasted tomatoes, aspargus, artichoke, cornichons, rice, olives, shrimps, salmon, scallions, and herbs. Keep chilled.
- 5.¬†To make the dressing, combine mustard, light mayonnaise, vinegar, and¬†salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- 6.¬†To serve: Add dressing to the salad and let sit for 15 minutes in a cooler.
- Tip: Dress only what you are serving, and serve at once. The vinegar will wilt and discolor the vegetables as you continue to cook your seafood.